Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Leatherby's: Family Creamery - Taylorsville location (3.5 out of 5)


   Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a while since we posted a review, but we are here back again, and with a simple, yet tasty, place to eat: Leatherby's. The atmosphere of the place feels like a 1950's diner as it seems to herald back to the days of tall glass ice cream sundaes, a counter (although I don't think you can sit at this one), it even has a jukebox (which is, alas, a digital one)!
   Leatherb'y primary drive, purpose, or whatever you'd like to call it, is to create and sell buttercream-style ice cream, with the bonus of selling some diner-like food. It is heard that if your Mormon in Utah and you haven't been to a Leatherby's before, you're kind of an oddity. Whatever the case may be, come see what we thought of the food on this visit, so you can determine a good course of action in acquiring a good meal:







Curtis

Allan: (Curtis' intro music) We're here with Curtis tonight at Leatherby's, what'd you get tonight?
Curtis: I got the Southwest Chicken Sandwich with Cheese Fries

Allan: How was that?
Curtis: It was really good. The cheese was really well melted in the sandwich, from when they pressed it, it was really nice. The only problem I had was the bread was a little burnt in some places, other than that it was really good.

Allan: Cool, cool. Anything else you wanted to add, point out, or would you like to just rate it?
Curtis: I think I'll just rate it. I'll give it three tacos.
Allan: (sings) Three tacos for Cuuuurtis!









Marc

Allan: Marc, what'd you get today?
Marc: It's called the Baron of Beef.

Allan: Okay, how was it?
Marc: The bread was really bad, it was just plain. And the Au Jus wasn't amazing, so it was kind of depressing. But I had cheese fries, and they were good.

Allan: Alright, then how would you rate your meal?
Marc: I also had Sherbet with Strawberries.

Allan: Would you like to rate them separately?
Marc: No, [I'll rate them together.] I'll give them 3 tacos.
Allan: 3 Tacos. thank you Marcus.








Kevin
Allan: I'm here with Keviiiiiiiin. What'd you get Kevin?
Kevin: I got Turkey Club, bacon on the side?

Allan: Did it come on the side?
Kevin: Yes, it also came with cheese fries.

Allan: And how was everything?
Kevin: It was really good.

Allan: How would you rate your food?
Kevin: I'd rate it pretty good. About 4 out of 5. I really like the food here, luckily I didn't get ice cream, 'cause their ice cream sucks... But their food's good.
Allan: Alright, fair enough. Thank you for your input.









Julia
Cheese Fries

Allan: I'm here with Jules tonight, Jules, what'd you get?
Julia: [I got] "Allan's Black and Tan," and it's delicious. I don't get it smothered in sauce though, it's too much for me. So I got half the sauce they [normally] put on it. And then I also got cheese fries--you can't go wrong with cheese fries. And I',m so full eating junk food!

Allan: Awesome, the American way. What would you rate your experience here tonight?
Julia: It was good--like 3 and a half tacos.













Allan

Curtis: Good evening to all who may be listening. I'm Curtis from Taco Tuesday Reviews. I'm here at Leatherby's with Allan--Allan what'd you get tonight?

Allan: I got the Mile High Burger, it was delicious--very, very good. They put ham on the burger and mozzarella cheese that was melted on it just right. And I got it with cheese fries--the cheese fries here are fantabulous.

Curtis: Well that sounds really great Allan, did you get any desserts afterwards?
Allan: I saw a dessert that was named after myself--I'm assuming anyway, because it's spelled the exact same way as my name. It's called Allan's Black and Tan, really good ice cream. I'm usually not one for this smoother, hazelnut taste, but this actually tasted very [good].

Curtis: Alright Allan, anything else? And what would you rate your meal today?
Allan: I'd probably give it 4 tacos.
Curtis: Alright you heard it: 4 tacos. (-Curtis gives a thought of the day, so listen to the audio!-)







Want classic American-style food? Leatherby's seems to be one of the best spots for filling that inner need to indulge. Some of the best food for us this time around was the Mile High Burger, and the Turkey Club Sandwich. Also, if you are a fan of Hazelnut, then the Allan's Black and Tan ice cream concoction is a good direction to go in: 

















Or if you are a Sherbet fan:

Whatever your tastes, if you like buttercream, burgers and Jukeboxes, then check out Leatherby's. Our group total for this visit is 3 and a half tacos.



No comments:

Post a Comment