Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Black Bear Diner (Jordan Landing - Round 2)

   Our first blog repeat!! This marks the second time we haven been to BBD since we started this blog. This time at the Black Bear Diner, while they usually have good food, we seem to find the service at the Jordan Landing location... lacking. I am pretty sure we got the exact same waitress that we had when we came here back in April, but we did have a slightly better experience with her this time around, so I guess she is getting better at her job.
    Most of our meals are different than those we got last time, so if your worried that there won't be anything new to read about, have no fear! Take a look at some of the "diamonds in the rough" that we found this time around:


Curtis

Hot Chocolate

Allan:  Curtis, what did you get tonight?
Curtis: I got a three-stack of the sweet cream pancakes.
Allan: Alright, how was it, tell us.
Curtis: I only ate one.
Allan: Okay. How was your one-third out of three?
Curtis: Well, what I mean is that they come out on this giant oval plate [and] the pancakes are at least 8 inches, or 7 inches in diameter--so these things are pretty big. But what I really liked about it was the sweetness of them--like I didn't really need to put on butter, but the syrup was like an extra, so it was really nice.
Allan: So are they just like the kind of pancakes that you can pull apart and eat pieces of [it] plain?
Curtis: Yeah, if you wanted to, yeah. I think these would go really good with peanut butter on them.
Allan: Alright, well what kind of rating would you give it?
Curtis: I give it 3 and a half out of 5 tacos.




Hot Chocolate
Ashlee
The Top Sirloin





Allan: Ashlee, what'd you get?
Ashlee: Yes, I got the 6oz sirloin, the salad with honey mustard and a baked potato.
Allan: Okay, how was it? Describe your food.
Ashlee: I ordered medium-rare and a cow came out mooing, so there's that. The salad was good, except it was mostly carrots. It was okay--the hot chocolate was very good. 
Allan: Alright, anything else you want to add? Or do you just want to give it a rating?
Ashlee: Well, it's not my favorite time here, so the rating will probably be 2 and a half tacos





Danielle


Allan: Danielle, what'd you get tonight?
Danielle: So I have no idea what it's called. We can go look on the door, but it's not in the menu.
Allan: Your food was [on the door]? That's kind of weird.
Danielle: It was a Belgium waffle with some sort of like cream--pudding... I don't know, but it's delicious but I have no idea what it is. You say it because I don't know how to say it.
Allan: It's Bavarian cream.
Danielle: See! I've never heard of that before, but it's delicious. So it had that and strawberries on it and it came with a side of butter and syrup, [but] I don't know what on earth you'd ever want those with this, 'cause this is just a sugar bomb and I don't know how you could put butter on top of pudding--so there's that. But it was delicious and I liked it a lot. I feel like there was maybe a little bit too much [Bavarian cream], I would have liked a little less, but it was still delicious. I picked a side of over-easy eggs--because it came with and egg--and I picked [bacon]. Then it normally comes with some kind of potato--like hash-browns, or something--but I substituted a corn muffin instead--because the corn muffins: I am obsessed with and they were delicious. And everything was really delicious....
Allan: Okay, what kind of rating would you give it?
Danielle: 5, I would give it 5 out of 5.





Allan
Curtis: Okay, I am here with non-other than Mr. Allan Stokes--Allan what did you get today?
Allan: I got the biscuit scramble-is what I think it's called...Southern Scramble.
Curtis: Really and how was that?
Allan: It was delicious a biscuit cut in half with sausage patties on either one and there was some scrambled eggs on top of those--it was all covered in their country gravy. I got the hash-browns with it this time and I had those with ketchup. And that's all that came with it.
Curtis: Alright, so was there anything special about it? And how would you rate it?
Allan: I thought the sausage was a little to heavy on the spices--that same flavoring that's used in black licorice. But the gravy also, could have tasted better. I've had my share of country gravy in my life and I feel like this could have been better. But overall I would say I would give this meal... probably 2 and a half tacos.





Kevin


Allan: With me is Kevin. Kevin, what'd you get?
Kevin: I got Bruce's Meatlovers Omlette I think it's called...?
Allan: I believe you are correct. I think that's the one I usually get.
Kevin: It was okay. It wasn't the best omlette I've ever had.
Allan: What could have been better about it? What came with it?
Kevin: It had ham, sausage and bacon on it. 
Allan: Anything else you wanted to add then? 
Kevin: I did get some toast which was good. I love toast and some cornbread muffins--which their cornbread muffins are always awesome. 
Allan: What rating would you give it?
Kevin: I'd give it 2 and half, I wasn't really impressed by it. But that toast, boom 4 and half tacos. I really love toast
Allan: So on average you'd give this about 3... or 3 and a half tacos?
Kevin: Yeah, we'll go with 3.






Josh

Curtis: Alright, here I am with Josh--Josh what'd you get tonight?
Josh: The Cheeseburger salad.
Curtis: That sounds good, it sounds pretty simple. I don't know why someone would ask so many questions about what it is--it sounds like basic knowledge. How was it?
Josh: It was really good, it was really tasty and really big. 
Curtis: So Josh was there anything special about it? And what would you rate it out of 5 tacos?
Josh: I would give it 5 tacos because it was really simple, but it was really good and it had lots of hamburger--it didn't skimp on the good stuff--and it had lots of bacon on it too. Can't go wrong with bacon. I didn't like the carrots, but I took them off
Curtis: He took off the carrots ladies and gentlemen. Bacon was good, beef was amazing and that is Josh Terry's interview.







Marc

Kevin: Marc, what'd you have?
Marc: Black Bigfoot combo.
Kevin: He had the BLACK Bigfoot combo guys--what exactly is that?
Marc: It has steak, chicken fried steak.
Kevin: Awesome. What would you rate this "Black Bigfoot chicken fried steak"?
Marc: I got brown gravy with it too. 
Kevin: Oh, how was that?
Marc: I mixed the black, the brown and the white.
Kevin: So, mulatto.
Marc: Yup, it was good.
Kevin: What rating would you give it out of 5 tacos?
Marc: I'm really full right now.
Kevin: Alright, sounds like about a 5 tacos to me.






Kira
Curtis: I am here with Kira at the moment. Kira, whatcha get?
Kira: I go the Fish and Chip combo.
Curtis: So not "fish sticks," but Fish and Chips. Alright, how was it?
Kira: Good. The fries are always good and I got the tortilla soup on the side which is really good as well, it wasn't as spicy as I wanted, but it was really good. But the fish was surprisingly good, it was not too fishy and really crispy on the outside, so it's good.
Curtis: So anything special? Anything that stood out to you about this meal?
Kira: I mean nothing really special, it was definitely good, so I'd probably give it 4 out of 5 tacos.






   This time there were a few extremes is quality, but some of the ones that stood out in good light were the Bacon Cheeseburger Salad, the BIGFOOT Chicken Fried Steak and the Bavarian Cream Waffles with Strawberries. As always, the corn muffins were freaking delicious, it's something we always try to get before our meals come out. If anything, try one of these three dishes as well as a corn muffin (or two!) on your next visit to the Black Bear Diner.




To download the different menus on pdf you can go here. For online menus--here is Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment