Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tio's: Fine Mexican Restaurant (Daybreak location)


  Tio's is a places that Curtis had been to before and mentioned it at our pre-food-eating meeting at Kevin's and so after some deliberation (and a few other considerations) we decided that we were in the mood for this kind of mexican food! We ended up going to the new Daybreak location and It's pretty easy to find--it's on the main road that goes up through daybreak; you'll find it on your left when you reach the small shopping area and parking is located all around the building (with bulk parking located in the back). This location doesn't have a whole ton of seating, so I would imagine if it was a busy night then you might want to call ahead before going. When we went we were the only people in the restaurant for the first half hour. But before you decide if you wanna go, or not, find out how the food was for us!




Danielle

Allan: Danielle, what did you get tonight?

Danielle: I got the Chimichanga with beef and it came with a side of Spanish rice and beans and cheese.
Allan: Tell us about your dinning experience.
Danielle: I liked it a good amount. I don't actually know how chimichangas are supposed to be, but it was really good, I actually liked it a lot. And I got a side of chile verde, I mixed it in with the rice and the beans and the tomatoes and the lettuce that comes with it and that was really good. 
Allan: That's usually the best thing to do with mexican food--just mix it all together. What makes it even better is if you get have tortillas with it too.
Danielle: Yeah, it was really good, I liked it. I'd probably give it 3 tacos out of 5.






Dallin
Allan: Okay, with me is Dallin, what did you get Dallain?
Dallin: I got the Chicken Chimichanga with rice and beans.
Allan: Was there anything that stood out to you? Anything that made you go "This is amaziiiing!"?
Dallin: Well they smothered it with onions--I like that. But it was really small--probably the smallest chimichanga I've ever had--I wasn't pleased. The taste was really good--it was a really good tasting chimichanga, it was just like a "snack" chimichanga. 
Allan: Alright, you wish there was more, but it tasted really good from what you [did have].
Dallin: Yes, the flavor was really good, just disappointed with the size.
Allan: Alright, then out of 5 tacos, how many tacos would you give this?
Dallin: For flavor: 4 tacos. For size: 1 taco.
Allan: Wow, so you wanna say... 3 on average?
Dallin: Yeah, we'll average it out at 3.




Curtis
Allan: Curtis, what'd you get?
Curtis: I can't remember...?
Allan: That is interesting.
Curtis: It's a "Tio's Numero Cinco"--B. There is an "A" and a "B." One's like a cheese and beans, but I got the second one, it was two chicken enchiladas. 
Allan: Okay, how was it?
Curtis: Fantastic, I loved it. 
Allan: Is there anything that stood out? Was it just good Mexican food?
Curtis: The natural spices were really good. I put cholula on it, because I love cholula. But just the natural flavors were really good. I liked it a lot.
Allan: Alright, what kind of rating would you give it?
Curtis: I'd give it 4 and a half tacos.




Marc
Kevin: Marc, how are you doing this evening? 
Marc: Dallin's baby is really cute.
Kevin: What'd you have?
Marc: The same thing that Kira had.
Kevin: Which was?
Marc: Tio Tio's...
Kevin: Tio Tio's, how was it?
Marc: I ate almost all of it, but I didn't have any water, so I had to get more water and now I am gonna eat it all.
Kevin: Almost all of it, that looks like not even half.
Marc: I ate four already.
Kevin: Oh, okay. What rating would you give it?
Marc: 5






Ashlee

Allan: Ashlee, what'd you get?

Ashlee: I got and enchilada that had [a] chicken breast on top of it and I don't know the name of it.
Allan: Yeah, me either... I saw it right in front of me, and I was about to be like "Well, it's the..." Okay, so was that all that came with it?
Ashlee: It had rice and beans, lettuce, sour cream.
Allan: Is there anything special you wanted to add? As a partaker of gluten-free food items at restaurants, how was this?
Ashlee: It was really good, I liked it. Sometimes I have a hard time with Mexican food restaurants, and I thought this was pretty good. It was a little spicy, but that's to be expected, so I liked it.
Allan: What would you rate this food--that we'll find the name of later?
Ashlee: I'd rate it 4 tacos






Kayrene

Kevin: Okay Kayrene. Kayrene, what'd you have?
Kayrene: The Chicken Flour Quesadilla. 
Kevin: How was it?
Kayrene: Very delicious. Even though Kevin made fun of me eating it with a fork.
Kevin: Why was it delicious?
Kayrene: It just had lots of flavor.
Kevin: Okay, that's a dumb reason. What rating would you give it?
Kayrene: 4





Kira
Danielle: Kira,what'd you get? And tell us about it.
Kira: Okay, I got the Tio's Combo and it came with rice and beans, and a hard beef taco, and a burrito, and it was supposed to come with a cheese enchilada, but it was a beef enchilada that [came with it]--shredded beef, but it was really good. And it had a lot of cheese in it anyways, so I would give this... Probably [a] 5 taco rating. 






Colby

Kevin: Colby, what'd you have?
Colby: I had a cheese enchilada with a side of rice.
Kevin: Speak up please.
Colby: Cheese enchilada with a side of rice.
Kevin: Little louder.
Colby: Side of rice, cheese enchilada.
Kevin: How was it?
Colby: It was great! I had cheese on it and the cheese enchilada with a side of rice--it was pretty good.
Kevin: What rating would you give it?
Colby: 4
Kevin: Why 4 and not a 2?
Colby: Because a 4 is what I feel that they truly deserve here at Tito's--Tio's. 
Kevin: Very good, thank you Colby.




Kevin

Allan: Kevin, what food did you get?
Kevin: I'm pretty sure it was the bean and cheese burrito, but I kind of mixed it all up so it looked like throw-up. 
Allan: That's the best way to have Mexican food. Anything else you wanted to add to this?
Kevin: It's just a really good meal, you know? It really filled my belly. 
Allan: Alright, well what kind of rating would you give it?
Kevin: I'd give it 4 tacos.






Emily
Allan: With me is Emily, what'd you get tonight?
Emily: Cheese Enchilada. 
Allan: What came with it? What was it like?
Emily: A chicken taco came with it, and rice and beans.
Allan: What'd you like about it? Or not like?
Emily: I liked the rice and beans.
Allan: So the actual entree part wasn't that good? Or...?
Emily: I did smother it in salsa.
Allan: Alright, did that improve the taste?
Emily: Yeah. 
Allan: Okay, is there anything else you wanted to add?
Emily: [Nah]
Allan: Okay, what kind of rating would you give this out of 5 tacos?
Emily: 3





Josh
Curtis: So I'm here with Josh, Josh, what'd you get today?
Josh: I got [Tio's] Tostada. 
Curtis: Alright, the tostada--how was it?
Josh: It was really good.
Curtis: 'right. Anything special about it? 
Josh: It was definitely the biggest tostada I have ever eaten. And it had lots of crispy, good lettuce and the beans were really good on it. 
Curtis: Alright! So if you ever came back here would you get that again? Or would you branch out?
Josh: I'd get it again
Curtis: And what would you rate that?
Josh: 4 tacos.



Allan
Allan: Yes, I had that Carnitas. It basically had diced sauteed pork pieces, tomatoes, onions, guacamole, cilantro and sour cream on the side. And it also came with rice and beans--and 3 flour tortillas as well, in case you wanted to make your own little taco-confections--which I did. I think the meal overall tasted delicious. The pork a tiny bit dry, but I thought it still tasted  really good. The spanish rice with the beans mixed together tasted great. And just like with any mexican food dish--I probably mentioned this a few times in some of the [earlier] reviews, interviewing people--that, you just mix it all together, it tastes really delicious. Overall though, I would have to say that I would give the carnitas about 4 and a half tacos.






   Thar we have it, most of the selection is what you might expect from a Mexican food restaurant, but they did have their own twists on the genre to help them stand out from their  competitors. When we were sat down they provide some delicious (and I am assuming, since it tasted this way) fresh salsa and homemade chips. The menu is not super big, so a few pros and cons there (Con: Not as many choices. Pro: You don't have to spend 10 minutes reading the entire menu). They also serve fresh-made churros here and not just original ones either--they have a few different flavored ones to choose from, although the original are still very delicious. 

   We do discuss the suggestions that are given to us, so don't feel as if we have dismissed them, they just didn't win the popular vote this time. Our latest favorite food places have been little hole-in-the-wall restaurants. So if you know of any, send the info our way through the comment section on the blog, or through the Facebook link. 




For those that are interested in a little light reading, here are is the menu for




No comments:

Post a Comment