Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Iggy's Sports Grill (Jordan Landing location)


Iggy's is an Americanized version of a sports grill (as opposed to Chili's which is more of a Tex-Mex-Style and Applebee's which is more of a....Well, it's own thing) and as such most of the food on the menu had very American-style food. Upon asking our waitress (who was Paula and who did a fantastic job) what some of her favorites were. She gave us a list and also mentioned that people loved the burgers there--which one of our group members agreed with. If you have not been to Iggy's and are not familiar with it, then you should know that they serve you complementary fresh bread when you get there before your meal comes out. The bread looks like baby baguettes, but tastes really good. Speaking of things tasting good, here is the first reviewer:

Kevin
(Slightly explicit)
Allan: What kind of food did you get?
Kevin: Good food. [The] Philly "with" and cheese fries, both excellent. 
Allan: Both excellent. What was compelling about it? What made it good?
Kevin: The cheese fries, they were very, very cheesy. Almost so cheesy I'm gonna die--like of a heart attack.... Sooner rather than later.
Allan: So you know they're good then?
Kevin: Yeah.
Allan: I know you're picky with sandwiches, especially sandwiches you can dip. How would this rate? You know, like the french dip sandwiches; how would this rate in your opinion?
Kevin: Better than those [poopsicle] ones at The Break, or Arby's

Colby (Who also got the Philly)


Allan: Colby, what did you get?
Colby: I got the philly cheese steak, it came with (also) a dip, which is pretty good--I haven't gotten [this] since I've been back home in the states. Also it came with some really good fries, I think they beat McDonald's fries (for any of those people who like McDonald's fries).
Allan: I think they're like battered french fries, which I've always liked.
Colby: Yeah, they're amazing fries, I love them. But it was, overall, an amazing, amazing sandwich. Probably my favorite philly that I've eaten.

Kayrene


Allan: Alright, I'm here with Kayrene. Kayrene, what did you get tonight?
Kayrene: It was--I think--a caesar chicken wrap (I think is what it was called). It was actually with a spinach tortilla and Colby thinks it's funny because I hate spinach. But it was really, really tasty and the sauce was kinda messy. But yeah, it was just very filling and still yummy.

Ashlee

 
Allan: Ashlee Ann, what did you get today?
Ashlee: I got pulled pork and garlic potatoes.
Allan: What was your opinion about those?
Ashlee: It was okay, the potatoes were good...
Allan: Didn't you say there was something you wanted to [say]? Like "You can quote me on that"?
Ashlee: Oh yeah. Last time sucked, this time's a little bit better. So, Iggy's is only good if you get the burgers, which I can't have, so this is an unfortunate experience for me.

Danielle


Allan: Okay, with me is Danielle. What did you get Danielle?
Danielle: I got the prime rib sandwich and it came with fries and I also got the Strawberry lemonade. And the strawberry lemonade--if you like your lemonade even a little bit tart--do not get this lemonade, because it is all sugar and super sweet (which I love).They also give you a giant mug, like you don't get refills, or anything. Oh and I got the prime rib sandwich, which was supposed to come with Swiss cheese on it, but either they forgot it, or they put so little in that you can't taste it--so there was like nothing there. And then it's just with grilled onions and they give you pickles on the side to put in it--they tasted like they were "home" pickled and they were delicious. The prime rib sandwich, overall, wasn't very spiced, but it was still really tender meat--like the meat was good--it just wasn't seasoned properly. The End.

Matt


















(Slightly explicit)
Allan: With me is Matt Baugh, who hasn't been here (-to taco tuesday-) in a while, it's okay though, he had a horrific event in his life, which I'm told not to speak of anymore... Anyway, Matt, what did you get tonight?
Matt: Tonight I got the chicken fried steak, it was very mediocre. I could have gone across the street to Black Bear Diner and had a better meal, actually. The biggest thing was it tasted like somebody got a breaded patty and dropped it in a deep-fryer and got tasteless country gravy with weird meat-chunks in it--it was just poured over the top. Best thing about it was probably the mashed potatoes and that's about it. I'm very disappointed; Iggy's usually doesn't let me down, but usually it's because I get fries, because their fries are frippin' awesome.
Allan: Those fries are fricken' awesome and as you explaining about the gravy and stuff before--especially with the meat-chunks, it sounds like they probably drained all the grease out of the [meat] which is what makes gravy usually taste good and it sounds like usually when they drain it out, it becomes tasteless, do you think what happened?
Matt: Um, yeah they're a bunch of sons of [brigands], 'cause they definitely drained the grease and what is gravy if it's not an excuse to put more grease on your food?
Allan: Amen. Anything else that you wanted to add? Anything else that stood out?
Matt: If you ever come to Iggy's stick with the fried foods. Actually their pizzas are really good, but chicken fried steak here, not that great.

Anthony

Allan: Anthony Hernandez, what did you get tonight?
Anthony: I got Jack Daniels meatloaf.
Allan: What makes it a "Jack Daniels" meatloaf?
Anthony: They use Jack Daniels bbq sauce.
Allan: Alright, so just from how it sounds, I feel like that would taste very good. What was your impression of it?
Anthony: You know, I too initially thought it would taste very good, it did at first. So I got the meat that had chicken and onion--all kind mashed together--with cheese and not very much bbq sauce to be honest. There was kind of... I was a little disappointed. I felt like the flavor was not as strong as it could be, or as it should have been. There were a couple of bites in there where I got a clump of cheese and bqq sauce that were really tasty. Then it came with a side of mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
Allan: They way you're describing it, it sounds like the meat--the meatloaf part was kind of tasteless and the really tasty parts they didn't put enough of it on.
Anthony: Yeah...The best part on there they didn't really put a whole lot on. The meatloaf--I mean it had a little taste--I guess I'm just not a meatloaf "guy," because I didn't really care for the actual taste of the meatloaf; I didn't finish it and I wish it would have been a little more smothered.

Curtis


Allan: Curtis, what kind of food did you get tonight?
Curtis: I got the chicken cordon bleu.
Allan: Like the actual chick cordon bleu? Like is that what it was? Or was it a variation of the cordon bleu?
Curtis: It was the sandwich version of the cordon bleu. It was pretty good though, I liked it a lot.
Allan: What made it taste good?
Curtis: You know, the ham that was on there was really nice. The cheese wasn't melted all the way, which kind of made it crappy, but I really liked--the chicken was really good on it.
Allan: So was this something like, if you came back you would probably get again?
Curtis: Of course! I would probably get this again.
Allan: Did you get fries with yours?
Curtis: I did get fries.
Allan: What did you think of their battered fries?
Curtis: They're pretty good.

Allan


Danielle: Hi Allan, what did you get?
Allan: I got the pig-out burger, which is basically a variation of a normal burger, but they have some onions straws on that and also some barbecued pulled-pork and it went with it well; so kind of a pork and beef variety, it made it very nice. [It was] very juicy--unique kind of flavor. I'm also a fan of pulled-pork sandwiches and this is a mix of both worlds, which worked out really well. The flavors matched perfectly--it was delicious. And of course I got the battered french fries, which were scrumtrulescent--[you] can never go wrong with the battered fries.


Iggy's Sports Grill: quite a nice selection of food, with some really good tasting options (especially anything that comes with their fries). It seems the sandwiches and burgers are one of the main reasons to hit this place up sometime. On another note, I have been posting the overall taco rating we give a particular food establishment at the bottom of each blog. Along with doing that, next time I will also start posting everyone's personal taco rating for their particular food to give you a better idea of what each person thinks of what they ordered/ate. But this time around our overall rating for Iggy's is gonna be 4 out of 5 tacos:



No comments:

Post a Comment