Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"The Tin Roof Grill" (Sandy)


   The Tin Roof Grill has been around for about 7 years now, but this is the first time (for the majority of our group anyways) that we have been here, which is a shame because after this visit, it feels like we were missing out on some really great food! 
   The Tin Roof Grill has a fairly wide range in it's menu, with a "brunch" that goes for the first few hours after they open, and a normal menu with items ranging from gourmet pizzas, to pastas, to sandwiches and even a little Thai food. Put that together with their fairly big appetizer menu and you have a good selection to choose from.







Danielle

Allan: K, I'm here with Danielle. Danielle, what'd you get tonight?

Danielle: So I had a bit of every appetizer, which was the potato wedges, the flat bread, the goat cheese and the pot stickers, and I give them all 5 [tacos], and I recommend all of them.    And then for my main course, I had the Margherita Pizza, and it was absolutely delicious. It was like loaded with cheese and it had only had a few tomatoes and a bit of the garnish, but that was fine, and it worked out really well.
    And then I got a marinara dipping sauce on the side for the crust--because it does have a good amount of crust on it, which I'm okay with because I love the crust and I love marinara sauce. The marinara sauce wasn't spicy, but it had [a] little bit of a kick in it, like just a little tiny bit--which I liked. And [the] crust had like this delicious garlic butteryness inside of it--like cooked inside of it that [was just] wonderful and perfect. And so overall I give it a 5.












Allan
Pot Stickers
White Bean & Steak Pizza


Danielle: Okay Allan, what did you get? And tell us about it.

Allan: I got the White Bean and Steak Pizza here. Apparently it was recommended by the staff--it was [also] on the food network before, so it kind of intrigued me and it was a pizza--I really like pizzas a lot. When it came out and I started eating it, I wasn't quite sure--I wasn't quite in the right mindset for it, because it definitely doesn't taste like a traditional pizza, it tasted (and looked) more like a really, really fancy flat bread. 

   There was a bean paste in it, there was a pesto sauce and some sauteed onions, and I think some sun-dried tomatoes were mixed in there too--and these steak pieces on every slice, 
(very delicious) and the steak was cooked very well with [everything]. I had them add cheese to it, because (you know): pizza mindset--and it didn't come with cheese. And the flavors were not ones that really popped out, not like extreme[ly], but the whole meal experience overall with it was very savory. It was a very savory meal, a lot of interesting flavors that went together to accentuate the meal very well.

Danielle: Alright, how do you rate it?
Allan: I'd give it 5 tacos.











Kevin
Baked Goat Cheese
Pasta Acsiutta


Allan: Kevin Newsome, sir.


Kevin: The [he**] you want?

Allan: I want you to tell me, and everyone, what you got tonight.


Kevin: I got, for an appetizer, the Baked Goat Cheese--which was fabulous. It was spicy, which was a little weird, so I didn't like that as much. But it was still really good.

Allan: Wait, the cheese part, or the marinara part?


Kevin: The marinara part that was surrounding the goat cheese. 

Allan: I don't know! It's goat cheese! I don't know what to expect when I hear "goat cheese."


Kevin: And then for my meal I got the pasta [Asciutta], it was pretty good--the marinara wasn't my favorite. I have a hard time with marinara at places, and so yeah...

Allan: Okay. How would you rate your food then?


Kevin: I would rate the appetizer like a 4 and a half, and then the pasta-stuff with sausage and chicken at 3 and a half.


Pasta Asciutta
Baked Goat Cheese









Colby



Allan: Colby! What'd you get tonight, friend?


Colby: The Cheese Pizza.

Allan: The Cheese Pizza. So when I hear "cheese pizza" I don't think of anything very imaginative--like getting a burger. But each place, has their own style, how was the cheese pizza here?


Colby: It wasn't round  pizza it was [a] rectangle. But it was pretty good, other than on the edges it should have had a little bit more cheese on mine--'cause it was the "Cheese Pizza" I was expecting a little more cheese. But it was pretty good overall--I'd probably give it a 3 and a half, for a pizza.









Ashlee



Allan: Ashlee, what did you get this evening?

Ashlee: I got an appetizer that was the potato wedges and I got pesto pasta (gluten-free).

Allan: How was everything?


Ashlee: It was good overall, I wasn't like, blown away or anything, but it was good. I loved the potato wedges--they were really good. But the thing with the pasta--the pasta was good, but I think they used too much sauce on the pasta, it was like, drowning in it, and it made the noodles way soft.

Kevin: So is it better or worse than Spaghetti Factory?


Ashlee: I like Spaghetti Factory better.

Allan: How would you rate this food?


Ashlee: I'll give it--overall I think I give it four tacos.













Jolene

Allan: Jolene is new to this blogging experience for Taco Tuesday. She is a "foodie"--from what I hear. So let's see what she got tonight and her opinion about it.

Jolene: I got the Flat Bread, which came with a white bean spread, and pesto, and olive tapenade--I thought that was really good, each of them individually were good, but mixed together it was delicious as well, and I liked it a lot--it had good consistency and I think it looked like the same dough as the pizza.

Allan: I was going to say, when I saw the pizza come out I saw the same [thing too], like "hey its the same thing as the flat bread," which I'm okay with, because they cooked it really good. What'd you get for your meal?


Jolene: For my entree I got the Fettuccine Alfredo. The pasta was cooked well--it came with garlic broccoli, I thought it would be more "garlic-ey," and I though it needed a little bit of salt. But other than that I really liked it.

Allan: Okay, cool. Is there anything else special you wanted to add about either of those?


Jolene: My favorite was the Flat Bread, I really liked the spreads that went on it, I'd get it again.

Allan: Alright do you want to rate your whole experience altogether, or would you like to rate your appetizer and your meal separately?


Jolene: I'll do it together. I'd give it, overall, 3 and a half tacos.















Matt

Kevin: We're here with, Matt Baugh. Matt Baugh what'd you get?

Matt: Tonight for the appetizer I got the Asian Ribs and I also got the Italian Meatball sub. The Asian Ribs were not nearly as good as I thought they were going to be, but then again I shouldn't be that disappointed because it's not a barbecue spot. They were grilled instead of barbecued initially, if a lot of you need clarification for grilling and barbecuing, there's a huge difference between the two--but that's a whole 'nother subject.
   The Meatball sub was delicious, it was made with homemade marinara--I could taste it already--with pine nuts and roasted green and red peppers, it was delicious. There was also some diced tomatoes as well. The meatballs I could tell were also homemade, and the roll was also homemade--it was delicious. Overall, because of the weak Asian Ribs, I have to give them a little bit of a dent on that. But I'm going to give 3 and a half tacos out of 5 tacos. Overall it was a pleasant experience, but next time don't get the ribs.

Kevin: And there you have it.

Allan: Would you rate your appetizer or your meal separately?

Matt: If I had to rate the appetizer separately, I'd definitely give it 2 tacos out of 5. If I had to rate the actual entree I'd definitely give it 4 out of 5 tacos.


Asian Ribs
Meatball Sandwich














   The Tin Roof Grill had a very open atmosphere, even a large part of the kitchen was open to the main seating room too. This was another place (besides the Blue Plate Diner) that Guy Fieri had visited at one time, and I think he gave it a high rating with good reason. Most of the appetizers, with the exception of the Asian Ribs, were super amazing. The Margherita Pizza and the White Bean & Steak Pizza were particularly fantastic as well. So if you ever felt like hitting up the Tin Roof Grill, go for the gourmet pizzas, or if you even came just for the appetizers you will have a fantastic meal.







Great Scotts! What's this?!:

Look how happy Kevin is! See why below!

   It's a plug for TacoTuesdayReviews.com! For those of you who are unaware of this (still being developed) website, it's a place that you (yes you) can write out your own reviews! Think Yelp.com meets Cracked.com. It's going to be a website where you can review about anything you choose!
    We are in the process of building our Yelp-style reviews, so please check it out, and send us your feedback so when we launch in the fall, you can help be the deciding factor in: (insert food/games/movies/tv/music here) when someone is out prowling for highly rated products or services.
   We are also looking for some outstanding reviews that we can feature when the website goes live, so feel free to try your hand, or even leave a link in the "write your review" section on TacoTuesdayReviews.com!


Your (free) one-stop shop for reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment