Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Taste of Thai, Utah (Jordan Landing)


   Thai food. For most people who have never tried it, it's usually grouped up there with "asian food, but weirder" in the mind. But this could be further from the truth. Thai food is usually a lighter tasting, lighter feeling food than it's Chinese cousin. Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese food (American, authentic--you name it), but it can sometimes sit a little heavy after you are done eating. It seems that Thai food is more on the lighter (and easier on your stomach) side of things, with the bonus of having a large part of their food being similar to Chinese! So hunker down and take a look at what we found at the Taste of Thai:






Emily
Allan: Emily, what did you get tonight at a Taste of Thai?
Emily: Basil Stir Fry and Sticky Rice and Peanut Sauce. 

Allan: Alright cool, cool. Why did you get it? What was good about it? 
Emily: It's my favorite.

Allan: What was good about it?
Emily: What was bad about it?

Allan: I don't know that's why I'm asking you!
Emily: It was good! I just like stir fries with lots of broccoli and vegetables, and I love sticky rice. Dallin created a monster when he brought me to Thai food.

Allan: Alright, then is there anything else you wanted to add? 
Emily: No.
Allan: Okay, then how would you like to rate your meal?
Emily: 5.








Josh and Kira
Allan: Josh, what'd you get here tonight?
Josh: I got Drunken Noodles and Padthai.

Allan: Alright, how was everything?
Josh: It was pretty good. I've only eaten Thai food once, so I had to try it again and it was pretty good--I liked the Drunken Noodles better. 

Allan: Alright, anything special about it that you wanted to add? 
Josh: The shrimp was delicious. The shrimp was the best part about it. The sauce on the shrimp: really, really good. 

Allan: Didn't you say [earlier] that if you had a choice you'd ask for just the noodles, and just the shrimp?
Josh: More noodles, less vegetables, yes. 

Allan: Sounds good, what would you rate your food tonight?
Josh: 4 out of 5.
Allan: And you and Kira both kind of shared it tonight?
Josh: Yes.








Marc
Allan: Markelous, what'd you get tonight?
Marc: I had yellow curry. 

Allan: Yellow curry--was that it?
Marc: Oh and sticky rice with custard--MMmmm. And then I got sticky rice with my curry. 
Allan: Alright, then did you want to rate those two things differently? Or did you want to rate everything altogether? 
Marc: It's gonna be a total of [5].







Dallin
Allan: Dallin, what did Dallin get tonight Dallin?
Dallin: I got the chicken Padthai, with extra chicken, and a side of Peanut Sauce to put on the top of it. because that's how it's the best.

Allan: Alright, cool. How was everything? Did anything stand out, or how was Thai food? 
Dallin: Thai food's my favorite food, the peanut sauce is what stands out for me--I smother it on everything, it's pretty delicious, it's my favorite food. 

Allan: Good stuff. Was there anything that stood out about the meal?
Dallin: Mostly just the portions and the noodles, I love pan fried noodles. 
Allan: Alright, how would you rate your food?
Dallin: 5 tacos.







Matt Baugh
Allan: Matt Baugh, what food did you get tonight Matt Baugh?
Matt: Tonight I got the Red Curry with Chicken, it was delicious. A little watery, but it was still a great value for $6.99. I love curry, so this is a good place for it. I think there are better places that I can get good Thai curry, but this is a really, really good Red Curry here. I also kind of had an impulse buy and got the drunken noodles which is probably my favorite noodle dish of all time. It's really delicious, it's a little hot if you can't handle it, so yeah, you should get it. 

Allan: Okay, so how would you rate your food then Matt?
Matt: I'd give it 3 and a half tacos for the Taste of Thai, mostly because it's not the best Thai in the state. The best Thai in the state is [Simply Thai] in South Jordan.







Allan
Allan: So first off, let me start by saying that I am 95% sure that I have never had any kind of Thai food before, so going here was definitely a new experience for me. Anyway, I got the Cashew Nut Stir Fry and because it's stir fry, so [I figured] it's pretty safe and similar to Chinese food I've had before, so I thought "okay, maybe I'll step into it that way." And it was a really good choice! 
   It came in a a little dish, and I thought this doesn't look like a lot of food, and then I realized that "oh, you're supposed to have it with the sticky rice they bring out for you." So I just kind of had it like old school-style, you know just pour the rice onto the plat, put the stir fry on that, start eating it... Really. Good. Like I was definitely pleasantly suprised--the cashews accentuated it very well. there was this, kind of soy sauce that they mixed everything up in, but everything just went together very well. As for my first experience with Thai food it was definitely a good one. I'd have to give it 4 tacos. 







   Thai food, from what I've gathered from my friends, is basically a mix of Asian and Indian food. Meaning that their food as dishes that lean both of those directions. I've had authentic Pakistani food before (a gentleman from Pakistan that I knew cooked a few meals for me from his country), and so I was worried that since this leaned more towards Asian-style food that I wouldn't like it, but I was dead wrong. Not only was it a light, but filling meal, but I think that how your food settles in your stomach is another way you can determine how good it is, and Thai food settles lightly. For those of our group that haven't eaten a lot of Thai food, we look forward to testing out many other Thai restaurants in the future. In the meantime, Taste of Thai gets a 4 out of 5 taco rating.






No comments:

Post a Comment